Self Conscious, the J Eric Miller blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

happy holiday

…I thought before I left, I’d have time with you. We always think things like that. There is not enough time, and yet most of the time most of the people I know are bored. So what to say to you, whoever you are, at this last moment? I don’t know. I’ll try to blog from the road, from my vacation, from this trip, but that may not happen. Don’t forget me. I won’t forget you. I’ll be back. Not too long from now. You are tired. Your year has been long. There are long years ahead. I wish you rest. I wish you everything good, your heart to fill, love to overwhelm you, cheer, warmth, all the things that are supposed to come with holiday, I’m wishing hard, with my eyes half closed, with the moon a quarter full and the stars around it, with a mist in the cold outside the window, all these omens of magic, I’m wishing…