Self Conscious, the J Eric Miller blog

Monday, October 18, 2004

Fingered. The Ugliest Man in the World. Classics my Ass. Paradise Lost.

--Thanks to Bill O’Reilly for reminding me that it’s ok to point fingers but only if you do so at yourself first and from time to time thereafter. If you read the transcript of allegations and think he said even a fraction of what he is accused of saying, you realize that he probably doing all kinds of other things with said finger and said self.

--Mike Shanahan owns Al Davis.

--American Movie Classics lineup last night: True Lies. The Real McCoy. A Jackie Chan movie.
That was the American Movie Classics lineup last night.

--Bad things I’m teaching my son:
To go through Harry’s Farmer’s Market eating free samples so by the time we reach the salad bar we hardly have to buy anything for lunch.
To say “damn it” and throw the PS2 controller on the floor.
That it’s fun to buy stuff.
That we own the road.
To stay up late.

--Good things I’m teaching my son:
To eat at Harry’s Farmer Market.
To appreciate poetry.
To take bugs out of the house instead of squashing them.


--I look at him sleeping, and I know all children look like angels, and I can’t imagine I’ve ever been that beautiful in my life.

--It all makes you wonder about the false metaphor of the garden, the idea of a place that represents a different kind of order on this earth, and you realize, any Eden was only illusion. The innocent are in reality blind, and bless them.